Hi guys and girls
A quick introduction here, I'm Lesley, a passionate surfer and IT guy that made it his mission to:
1. help local surfboard builders to preserve their surfboard history and have surfers connect with them more easy.
2. Help surfers connecting with local surfboard builders and help them choose the board that suites their surf ability.
With this message, we are looking for shapers that are keen to build an online portfolio for free and give the opportunity to surfers to try some of their models before they need to spend all their money on a new board that not really suites them.
Since February 2018 we're building a platform where shapers get their own private blueprint which generates a personal webpage that is getting updated automatically when a board gets posted. Not only that but also we give the opportunity to shapers to digitalise their boards and make them scannable by nearly any mobile device. Each shaper can download their own set of QR codes. Each code is different for each board, so each of the boards uploaded get a unique webpage connected to the profile of the creator.
When a person scans the board he gets directed to 1. the board details of the board scanned (including model story, board story, dimensions, glassing details, location,..... ) and 2. the shaper profile.
I've put a little scheme in the attachment so you as shaper or surfer can see what we are up to.
So long story short, if you want to:
- Optionally digitalize your surfboard and give it history and your soul in the form of a QR code
- get your free order forms (including your logo)
- have a factory order overview
- upload a youtube or vimeo movie to your board (eg. https://www.surfneutral.com/boards/6z17GcdjQMCC-XH_JzQKYQ/ )
- rent out some of your stock boards to surfers as try and buy and earn some extra cash while supporting non profits. (NEW RELEASE)
- be visible on our global shaper or surfboard map
Then, our platform is something for you...
We're building out of passion like most of you shapers so we hope to see some new boards and shapers soon.
Have a look (It's FREE) and join other shapers in this movement.
Due to regulations, we were only allowed to open up the try and buy (or rental part) for the European and South African market, but no worries we will expand to the United States and Australia soon! In the mean time you can start building your port folio and let surfers know where to find you.
Also, if any of you have additional questions feel free to contact me on [email protected]
May you all have a nice year end & happy new year