Tasmania backyarders

Are there any backyarders in tassie.  I’m trying to hunt down some eps blocks and having difficulty.  I’ve just about finished the shaping bay and I intend to go with eps and epoxy.  Any suggestions on where to get eps is more than appreciated.  I’ve managed to source where to get glass and epoxy, but that is where it stops.

Looks like none.  Lol

Hi Digger, I’m in Sydney and while I’m 1400 kms away from you,  Im happy to source things for you if required.

Just ask and I will track down things for you, I’m really close to Brookvale where a lot of surfboard factories, resin suppliers and general surf related hangers on hang out.

If you need it l just ask and I’ll try to find it for you or give it to you if I’ve got it.

I can get easily EPS blocks in various thicknesses but I think the freight or postage is going to be huge.

EPS is chea here and if you can find a cheap frieght company I can organise it for you.

Cheers, Brett.

Hi Digger.

Yeah, I am in Kettering.

Just getting into it again.

I used to hang out here around fifteen years ago but then life kinda got in the way.

Started backyarding again down here, went to log on but think I lost my user name (My old posts come up as “anonymous”

I am just shaping a six six single fin and have a 9’2" blank sitting there for later.

Screwed up the blank order though and the short one is EPS…never done one before so…we will see.

Where are you located?

Alex

And yeah…cost me $150 to get two blanks shipped.

The guy at the fibreglass shop in Hobat (seems like a really switched on and good guy) also has a couple of blanks but more importantly, we may be able to do

some sort of bulk order in the future.

Im located on the West Coast at Queenstown mate.  Im finally fully set up but the costs of blanks has made me rethink if its worth it at all.  Im now looking at using my bay to make epoxy river tables.  At least I can make money doing that, lol.   Im interested in bulk orders possibly.  Im thinking of making belly boards as I can no longer surf due to serious injuries to my back and two ops plus continuing issues with neck.  I dont think my body will take another wipe out, just thinking about it scares the shite outa me.  I dont want to end up in a wheel chair or drown just cause I want to catch a wave.  Though belly boards might be an option.  Plus its one way to keep in contact with the ocean, from the bay.  I will pm you my phone number mate and we can talk sometime in the future if you want.  Ive contacted the guys at The fiberglass Shop in Hobart, it seems the cheapest way to buy single blanks.  They have no eps blocks and I cant find any at all in Tassie.

Good to hear ftrom you.

Queenstown? And you like building fibreglass things?

Rivers and lakes mate.

I plan to build some kayaks and canoes in the future and they will be composite as you can’t get western red cedar down here either.

And you have some absolutely world class lakes and rivers overthere…(I used to live in Rosebery)

Keep smiling mate.