Singlefins ideas!

Hey everybody, 

First, thanks everyone for share a lot of informations! Its very instructive!

Sorry for my english by the way.

I already shaped 2 boards with a lot of mistakes but Its cool to try and i want to learn more and to do my best! 

Im very interested to shape a short singlefin (6’1 or 6’0) retro styled but performance. as possible. Waist/shoulder to overhead at least.

I like big carves, roundhouse cuback… Follow the wave instead of ripping it and im a relax/cool Guy so…

I’m thinking about the shape but very open-minded.

I’m thinking about the MSF 6’1 CI… but Its look like « modern » maybe in my mind.

I like a lot à singlefin « Shelter » movie at the end during the Shins new slang sequence. When Machado going down from the truck, look like to be a red one. With a diamond or something like That. 

Somebody have some info about That shape? Its awsome. 

Or if you got some ideas to help me!

Thanks everybody!

I always say if youre looking for single fin shapes, the mollusk online surf shop is a good place to start. If you click a shape you like, you sometimes get some helpful info on stuff like rails, bottom, etc.

https://mollusksurfshop.com/collections/surfboards

Check out the McTavish Bluebird and Tracker.  Very nice singlefins.  I would keep the tail somewhere in the range of 14".  That seems to work well from my own experience.  Wide point a few inches ahead of center.  Approx. 20" wide or less.  Diamond tails are classic!  Slight vee in nose, flat in the middle, slight vee in the fin area, to flat out the back.  At least that is what I like.  Lots of options though!

Yewww!

Just have enough points to reply right now!

Thanks both of you for your answers! Very apprecieted!

Thanks for thé website!

I like thé idéa of the bluebird and the rail to rail ride.

I made a custom Two years ago by Phil Grace in Euroglass: 6’8 single « purple haze » in roundpin. But im lightweight and can be very heavy.

For my third handshape, as i said i’ m trying to template/shape a 6’1 retro for lines, bottom, rail to rail and « ils school » carves.

What do you think about rob’s board in the picture?

The bluebird looks great but it pretty difficult to create That kind of template. Little bit in thé dark. If you got some tips! I noticed thé 14´ from the tail. Maybe medium rail between boxy and knify. 

Thanks a lot! 

Crapulescred,

How tall are you / how much do you weigh? (Preferably in feet/inches and pounds).

Hello!

5’9 or 175centimeters for 136 pounds and sometimes more (144 max). Why?

Thanks to help me :). I’m trying to learn shape3D because i’m Trying to have a visual. 

But im thinking to do it old fashion directly on a masonite when my Health Will be better. Thanks Again.

Where are you in France? Maybe I can help.

Capbreton!

I’m in Guéthary. Guéthary Surfboards.

https://www.facebook.com/Guéthary-Surfboards-451978484873107/?ref=bookmarks

Ok just sent you an PM on facebook.

If somebody got few ideas, still open minded!

I can admit That i like Mctavish this one but a little bit less tall so in 6’1 cause i got à usblanks 6’2A already.

I like this kind of board at 0:30 to 0:45 but single!

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8J4LyYVn-tc

Hello! I’m new to this shaping world and I’m learning to work with Shape3D. This is a single fin that I’m working on, it’s designed after the Jim Banks '73. I adjusted it to your dimensions, 6’1" x 20" x 2 7/'6", 31.7L. If you like it, I can try to make the soft diamond square like the one from the Bluebird that you posted.

Hey thanks! It’s 2 3/4? You did it fast! I need to learn about that! It’s look like great but a little bit different than the bluebird. What do you think about it? The width is foward middle a little bit? Just to know but thanks for your help!

Do you have the lite version or full one? :slight_smile:

Yes, the wide point is ahead of the middle I little bit. I adjusted it and chaged the tail. The dimensions now are 6’1" x 20" x 2 3/'4", 35.7L. The first one was 2 7/6". Like I said, all that is new to me, so I would appreciate with any feedack, I’ll be happy to adjust if I know how to do it.

Thanks a lot i appreciate your help and really you look to know the software!

I’m checking for the width maybe a litlle bit more like 20 1/4 on the website. What do you think about the board? 

Can you give me the 12" from Nose and from tail? Maybe to make a little bit modification! I need to manage that software because it’s more visual for me. Or i need to work on paper directly…

WITHOUT A DOUBT !         Step away from the keyboard, and pick up the pencil.

That image will help you! Be aware that I didn’t put a lot of work at the rocker design, it would be great to have some feedback on it.

If you want the s3d file there won’t be a problem, just PM me that I’ll send it to you, along with the link for the Shape3D tutorial.

About the board, I believe it will work really fine in long strong not too hollow waves, and it will do a good job at weak waves as well.

Sorry, the answer #16 was meant to go to the comment #14.

Man I really like this one!!

Single fins are inefficient and always look cool with a talented surfer. Super skilled surfer/skatboarder/MMA fighter with assist build of his single fin. Holding back vomit during the whole build. Afraid he would kick my ass.

Ahaha i don’t know how to take this one! But i will do a beautiful single even if i’m not very talented surfer and shaper!