Trimcraft-smoke and mirrors?

6 posts |
Last post
deez's picture

McDing's picture

So is that what you call “Trim-Craft”?

That which can be assorted without evidence was read in an illegal magazine.

DEADSHAPER's picture

McD....

There's a website you can google for info on this collaboration.

drakeo's picture

Not sure if this is what you're trying to prove, but it doesn't look like the last photo and the first photo are the same board- the first board has a basswood stringer (3/16-1/4"?) and the one on the rack has a (1/8"?) darkwood stringer, along with a sidecut. I know Michael Arenal shapes for Hobie, which CNCs at least some of their boards so that may be it.

RyanLovelace's picture

A lot of shapers come through town and shapne in my room, Trimcrfaft, nor I, nor anyone in that photo use CNC machines whatsoever - I'll put that on my family, its not what any of us do, and I have wasted too much time and sweat for anyone to think otherwise.  we are hand shaping feinds and came together because there is no surfboard company backing that - we had to create it ourselves.
anyways, the board in the background is one of Rich Pavels that he was shaping on my bay for a friend.  not a Trimcraft.  There are no trimcraft files for any of our models anywhere ever.  not one.  put that on my grave <3
appreciate the hawk eyes though - kinda insane how many of those you can find on instagram in the background of 'hand shapers' bays - stoked you guys are keeping an eye out and apologies it took so long for me to get here and set the question straight, been a while since ive been on sways...so long that my old account is gone?!  wowza!

McDing's picture

Thanks for chiming in Ryan.  I sell Blanks-Resin-Cloth up here in Oregon and know a couple of young shapers up here who have spent time down there with you trying to advance their chops.  Sold a couple of Skils to one of them etc.  it's encouraging to see young people so dedicated th hand shaping.  If you are ever up this way, come by and spend a little time in my bay.  I'm in PC. aka Pacific City   Lowel/ Oregon Shapers/Little Hawaii/ Nalu Nation

That which can be assorted without evidence was read in an illegal magazine.