Swaylock's is out of space. Working on getting more!!

Well, I’m out of ideas so that works out. Ha. 

Just curious, why is the limit for photo size 20 MB, which is way more than needed for posting photos in a thread?  The pictures are resized for posting, but apparently the files are not resized, and often appear distorted, i.e. upside down or sideways, whereas if the limit was in KBs, then there would be far more memory space available, and the photos would appear right side up. It seems to me it came up in another thread that there is also software that will resize the files as they are posted.

So while you are looking for more space;  Why not look for some NEW Moderators.  The current Crew you employ has been in power too damned long.  They play favorites one against the other.  They censor benign comments and answers to simple questions.  They move threads over to Errors and Bugs for God only knows what reason?..   if you take the time (and I hope you do) to go over to Errors and Bugs and review some of the threads that have been moved over there speciafically by Gdaddy and Huck, you will do as I have;  scratch you head and wonder WHY?   I was recently censored myself by gdaddy for what I consider a benign comment and answer to a direct question.  I Don’t care;  if your moderators and others want me gone, then PLEASE;  Ban Me and Delete almost Fifteen years of posts and contributions.  Lowel Floyd aka HD McDing

Bumped 

I moved my sites to Amazon S3 one year ago.  Completely elastic storage.  And it’s cheap in comparison to what I was using.

Uh-huh.

Btw- happy birthday Mike! And thanks for Swaylocks!

Back to the future.

Out in Space?

[[{“fid”:“109526”,“view_mode”:“default”,“fields”:{“format”:“default”,“alignment”:“”,“field_file_image_alt_text[und][0][value]”:false,“field_file_image_title_text[und][0][value]”:false},“type”:“media”,“field_deltas”:{“1”:{“format”:“default”,“alignment”:“”,“field_file_image_alt_text[und][0][value]”:false,“field_file_image_title_text[und][0][value]”:false}},“link_text”:null,“attributes”:{“class”:“media-element file-default”,“data-delta”:“1”}}]]

Pics in the KB range are ideal, no need for MB sized files on the forum, IMO.

Changed max file size to 300KB. Seems reasonable.

Absolutely!

Could go even higher IMO. But the old limit of 22 MB or whatever it was was way high.

So does the site resize the files, or do the posters have to resize before uploading??

Oops. Just uploaded this pic at 4.71 MB.

I’ll happily spend hours sanding a board, but I can’t be bothered to take 2 min to resize my photos.  Ha.

all the best

[Quote]I’ll happily spend hours sanding a board, but I can’t be bothered to take 2 min to resize my photos.  Ha.
[/quote]

2 minutes to resize a photo??? What’re you using, a pantograph?? With the Paint app that came with all my computers it takes me more like 2 seconds, just sayin.

With my cell phone usually a screen shot of the pic will do it, easy peazy.

I just spent like 5 seconds to take a screen shot of my oversized file pic above then crop it. 4 MB down to 249 KB, kaboom!

I was kidding.  But that is a good method.  thx

all the best