Overpriced ding repair?

Made the mistake of taking some friends out to teach them how to surf on two of my boards the other day. Fin ended up slicing into the rail of one and even though i usually fix all my dings myself. This was the worst looking ding iver ever had to deal with and with it being my gfs board didnt want to take any chances with the colour matching.ended Taking it to a local repair guy. And now cant help but feel like i got ripped off. He charged 120 aud for the ding and colour matched it alright but not amazing. Just wanted to find out if i got ripped off or if this is the typical cost of a repair on a ding this size. 

Honestly it sounds about right to me.  Matching colors on ding repairs, especially on oddball colors is a nightmare.  Chalk it up as a learning experience.

You didn’t get the price before you left it with him?

Any pics after the repair?

3-4 hrs of work plus supplies?? Id say you got a deal if the repair is proper and color is close    

I paid for a dig repair exactly once in my life.  It was a snapped off nose on a clear HP shortboard.  Waited 3 weeks and it cost me $50.  That would have been 1986.

If the girlfriend is happy it is worth the price…

No good deed (EVER) goes unpunished.

I noticed the 120 “aud” …so thats $83.35 in US dollars 

thats about right price wise for that rail slash

*after pic please

If that’s the conversion - ding guy needs to double his price. 

I’d do it for $70.

Great! 

Matched the color? Steal. 

Good deal IF it resist the thumb nail test… If you play guitar, use the old nail to push around the repair, if you put your nail through you got ripped, if not, 120 aud = 73 euros, to me as a backyarder that is a little high, but [he probably skipped the Volan too] … but i don’t own a business and run shop employees who are expensive… 

…if you do not upload the finished photos how can we say if its an expensive repair?