India Ink & Hotcoat; Will it Run??

Hello,

I’m thinking of applying india ink on top of a cheater/sand coat (for artwork) and then doing another hotcoat over it to seal it.  Well known shaper at Mitch’s in Solana told me it won’t run and that lots of people use india ink for artwork.  If that’s the case, can I use india ink for the pin line instead of effing around with stringy gooey pigmement gloss resin?  Just sayin…  OH… this is a poly board.  Not epoxy.

Anyone have any experience with india ink or advice?

Please & thank you.

Hello, yes you can.

China ink is named in other places.

Those thin pin lines that you can see in 70s boards were done with rapidographs with these inks.

Whoa, you just introduced me to the world of rapidograph pens and now I think I want one. How did the guys in the 70s use those pens for pinlines? Did they freehand or tape the line off first? What width rapidograph did they normally use?

I still have one of these. Haven’t used it for at least over 20 years. I spray pinlines nowadays.This ones a 7. It made a 2mm wide line. I don’t think they make this size any more.

…hello Monkstar1; sorry for the delay in the response; however Atomized brought a response.

For pinlines is not free handed; use the tape as an edge. The number of the tip depends in what thickness you want man; for surfboards, thin between 0.35 and 0.70.

I suggest Rotring, Pentel, Pilot