Re-sealing PU board, generally

Hi,

My apologies if this seems a stupid question.

How can I re-seal a board which has multiple, ‘mystery ding’ locations.

I’d like to use this 20 year old favourite, (yellowed-but-magic) but it’s suffered from travel abuse and has a bunch of almost invisible cracks which are soaking up water when I use it.

I’ve repaired the obvious ones but the others are only evident when the sun heats    the board post-sesh, and start spouting salty bubbles.  Not sure I’d get them all as some are pretty subtle.

So I was wondering what the best way to do an all-over repair without actually adding another 4 Oz of glass on top.

It’s been sitting unused for about a year and a half now, hopefully dry inside the foam!

Thanks for your time!

Pretty simple. Sand the whole board and put a coat of resin on it. Or, sand it and spray with a poly coat. I’d go with a coat of resin.

Ha!

Thanks.

Yeah, I wondered about that, but thought that it wouldn’t really do more than add a thin layer of non-structural resin.  

By sanding, do you mean REALLY sanding it, like down to the weave?  So the new resin layer interacts with the fibreglass?

Thanks. 

Sand it down to the weave and re-glass with 1.5oz cloth. Top and bottom will add at least 3oz+ of weight but the sanding will remove some weight as well. Before you do any glassing, make sure all moisture is removed from the board. And most importantly, make sure you take pics and upload the progress.

Yeah… No. 

As detailed as that answer is, can you expand a little? Yeah what, no what?