Soft/ flexible epoxy for use with fiberglass or carbon for Finless

Hello fellow obsessers… I am currently working on experimenting with soft/ flexible epoxy for the back half of some finless and other projects… Has anyone already done this? they sell this flexible epoxy resin on Materials, equipment and training for advanced composites with next-day shipping and expert technical advice. - Easy Composites and also some additives like https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3gHLIT1kDs which makes me really interested in high flex epoxy resins. Im sure people already know flex tails are not for everyone but with the new finless boards i am making i require greater flex for my increase of speed in order to acually being able to surf the boards properly… Its going to be a process of laying up the different resins? fibres and a long a tedious laminating process but hey! someone has to do it eh… i have pretty much scoured the entire world wide web for this type of project and only 1 other peson was found to lay up epoxy with softer resins… via instagram but also searching for other minds to pick on this. i want to also go on the path of backfilling my flextails with eva foam but thats for another day. cherrio psykojoiny

What is the “proper” way to surf a finless board? Or any board for that matter. 

Whats that board not doing that you want it to do? 

That link said something g like 80A hardness - I don’t think that’s gonna give your too much flex when glassed. How much flex are you looking to get? 

Are you looking for flex in the back half to actively change rail rocker? - kinda how someone might flex a boogie board? 

On a side note - I don’t know what your problems are surfing it but I’d say it has a lot to do with the bottom and rails

What’s your question about flex epoxy resin ? I use resoltech one’s to make car body parts impact résistant. It works like stiffer resin but ended parts are flexible.

IMO Your channels are going to act like beams, stiffening the tail regardless of resin flex

Good insight.

I have found the 300/21 product from these folks to be quite flexible.  

https://www.aeromarineproducts.com/product-category/epoxy/

Those are nice looking boards!

There are other ways to achieve flex besides seeking a flexible resin. Epoxy resin and fiberglass already are pretty flexible together.

Might be worth having a conversation (starting a thread) on what your goals are flex-wise, and different ways to achieve that flex. There have already been some interesting approaches posted here in past threads.

I think epoxy is more flexible then cabon. If you want to increase flex use innegra or some other aramid for strength and flexability. I have found that innegra is almost too flexible after it’s worn in.