Resin tint advices please.

Hi guys,

Can anyone could provide me some advices about the way to make those kinds of stripes with resin lam work. I don’t understand how could you manage to make clean and straight lines like this without melting with the previous color. I can see 6 differents shades, so probably cleaning your squeege after each step or having 6 differents one. But still, lines are super straight, is that just about skills or is there any tricks to help? 

Thanks by advance.

Olivier

[[{“fid”:“111465”,“view_mode”:“default”,“fields”:{“format”:“default”,“alignment”:“”,“field_file_image_alt_text[und][0][value]”:false,“field_file_image_title_text[und][0][value]”:false},“type”:“media”,“field_deltas”:{“1”:{“format”:“default”,“alignment”:“”,“field_file_image_alt_text[und][0][value]”:false,“field_file_image_title_text[und][0][value]”:false}},“link_text”:null,“attributes”:{“class”:“media-element file-default”,“data-delta”:“1”}}]]

Mix up your 7 shaded… pour nose to tail in about 1" wide  as straight as possible with a 1/2" or so gap between them. Pull resin nose to tail. 

clean squeege at each pull. 

tape off outline…

lines don’t look that straight to me/not sure what the dark purple mess is around the nose

That’s the deck … wraps around to the bottom

its a resin fade… not gonna tape that off

I’ve seen ppl doing it with paint directly on the block

Takes a pretty opaque white to cover up purple.

Thanks guys,

So yeah it’s more about skills than anything. I’m gonna give it a try and see. Thanks again!

Gotcha on deck over lap.

I thought was taped off and foam stained that’s how I would go abouts…

It’s all about the skills. 

hope we’ll see some of your pictures?

all the best

Yeah man of course!

Tnaks for the advices. I’ll post pictures in the famous tread from kensurf “show us your resin tints and pattern”. Super inpiring.