nearly finished another rubbish foam project

I’m officially calling this costruction the “bin chicken”. The Aussies will get it. Thanks to Matt from Factory Surfboards for the idea on that one.

There Hasn’t been enough build threads on here for a while.

Been making some epic hand planes lately too.

Anyways, have a look, ask away, and keep being legends. Sorry to the hand shape purists it’s a bit beyond me to turn this rectangular prism into a  board with just a planer.

Foam is super soft, bassalt 50 50 deck inlay to help with that, and all the verticla glue lines tend to help it hols up.

Pic 1. I worked with tom wegener in his factory to glue it up. His sign was too cool.

Pic 2. Loading it into the machine, there was a heap of messing around and hacking into the blank to make it work

Pic 3 Out of the machine and after finish shaping and sealing the pocks of missing beads then re finish shaping.

Pic 4 Art work, the board is for the editor of “australian surfing life”, he asked for antishark stripes and red, so this is what he got.

Pic 5, the scary part, a half inch western red cedar stringer in the back yard. eeeeeeeekkkkkkk The cedar came from a building site bin.

Pic 6, glassing in the shed

OK . . . Love the shape.

What dimensions?  What density is the EPS, as best you can tell?

[[{“fid”:“111477”,“view_mode”:“default”,“fields”:{“format”:“default”,“alignment”:“”,“field_file_image_alt_text[und][0][value]”:false,“field_file_image_title_text[und][0][value]”:false},“type”:“media”,“field_deltas”:{“1”:{“format”:“default”,“alignment”:“”,“field_file_image_alt_text[und][0][value]”:false,“field_file_image_title_text[und][0][value]”:false}},“link_text”:null,“attributes”:{“class”:“media-element file-default”,“data-delta”:“1”}}]]

Good on ya!

Dig the shape for sure! Any photos of said handplanes? 

Holy shit, who throws out that much cedar!? Love your work, as always.

Here you go.

The board is 6’0" by 19" by 2.5"

The hand planes are from a bunch of different scrap timber. Some from my late uncle, the Mahogany red one is amazing in the flesh and in the water.

Would say its 1.5 lb at most closer to 1.2?

6’ 0" 19" 2.5"

Thanks brother, and I have 4 other cedar lengths in the shed too.