Anyone know specs of Pilot Drill in center of FCS plug Hole saw T-3 ?

Hi -

Does anyone know the specs of the Pilot Drill that’s in the center of the old FCS Hole saw "Tool # T-3 "?

it s a step drill but I can’t seem to find it online.  Round Drill bits that are small enough to start don’t secure in the hole.

(I have misplaced mine but find I need to squeeze in a couple of old style FCS plugs in a tight space and can’t fit n another box type and don’t want the Hole saw to “wander”)

Thanks !

I’m thinking 1/8 or 3/16, but I will check at the shop in the AM.  I’m pretty sure Woodcraffters has thos bits.  I’ve got 2 or 3 of those hole saws set up with a regular bit and have no problem.

I don’t use the pilot bits on hole saws.  Use a guide made of 3/8 - 1/2 ply with the same hole cut with the saw, less movement when you start the hole than a pilot bit.  If the board is glassed, put something non-slip on the ply.   Also most pilot bits come with a flat ground on the back for the setscrew so you can’t really substitute a normal drill bit.

That sounds like the ticket. Will do. Thanks.

Well I didn’t think it was 1/4";  but it is.  I also have Ply jigs, but rarely use them, because that pointy pilot bit holds in place so well.

Yeah, if I still had my Pointy Pilot but I’d use it no question, but since it’s lost, not sure that the 1/4" will be precise enough, so inclined to use a wood hole jig as suggested, along with the big non-pointy 1/4 ".  Thanks to all for the advice -