Uninished Flex Spoon Looking For A Home now testing water

Hi Guys in need of some sound advice and (not bin it! i have anoth blank in shaping), ive got a 5ft 2 mini sims which was a shapers flex experiment dont get me wrong it surfs wont last long though so thin at the nose, but would like to put back to its near orginal volume/shape with the center holowed out which needs to be filled in my first thoughts were these: 

1. Block of pu i have lying around and shape into place lenghly but could work to fill the void, , leave orginal glass top in for extra support , then reglass over foam = reusable board 
  2. Closed cell high density foam get it to a level as its all over the place shape wise then add normal pu top inch layer and glass = board volume restored
  3. Rip the whole glass off use qcell and fill then reglass , build stinger and reglue to blocks of floam then pour qcell nd resin around.

Thanks 

Jay

Option #2  seems like it will yield the most satisfactory result.

Thanks Bill, saves a good stick, would you recommend putting a stringer in there for extra support? Or as theres 6oz glass underneath then 6oz again on top of the new foam just do a straight fill, guessing should be strong and bond well when sanded  *thumb

Ohhhhkaay- whoa.

First, at 5’2"x whatever, with that wide wide tail and thin rails, it’s not a surfboard, it’s a flex kneeboard, along the lines of a Greenough Spoon as far as I can see from the one photo. Nothing, repeat nothing like a Simmons, it’s made with an entirely different design philosophy and intent.Not a surfboard. It’s a kneeboard. Repeat,** it’s a kneeboard**

I will say once again, it is a kneeboard. Look up George Greenough. Really.I mean it. It was built to do this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=2&v=cVS0bH2GDeQ&feature=emb_logo

And while it’s not completed ( you tune the thing by adding and grinding away glass to tune the flex) it’s just fine and needs completing. Don’t fill it in. etc. 

So, you have three options: 

One: complete it as a flex spoon yourself. Look at the archives/do a search for ‘flex spoon kneeboard’ and have at it. It’s nothing like a surfboard, you may not want to.

Two- find a kneelo- plenty on here- and give it to them to finish. The hard work, and spoons are very labor-intensive, has been done and said kneelo will be grateful forever. Play your cards right, he might even buy you a brandy new blank that you can make a surfboard out of… Retitle this post 'Unfinished Flex Spoon Looking For  A Home ’ and you’ll be swamped.

Option three- fill it with some sort of crap from the dumpster, make it into a ridiculously heavy, badly shaped fuc#ing abortion that cannot and will not be worth the time and labor and materials invested. Buy a blank and start fresh. You will never make this into a good functional surfboard. Ever. It doesn’t work that way.

What you have stumbled across is equivalent to a dusty barn find Ford GT, old school but high performance. What you are proposing is to lash a bad pickup truck camper to it with duct tape and hope it will make an adequate moving van. It won’t. Really. Don’t waste the time and effort. If you don’t want to complete it as a flex kneeboard, please pass it on to somebody who does and will do it right. 

hope that’s of use

doc…

I respect your passion for all watercrafts, and input thanks, the picture up the top is the nose of the board just encase anybody was thinking thats the back a reverse spoon.

The orginal board before carve out is a kook coffin mini sims from acre sorry the lines are a sims thanks

so I’m confused - is this something YOU created? At first it sounded like an old board you came across, but now it seems like maybe just an experimental shape of yours? Definitely not a standard shape.  It seems like there is much more to this story. The plot thickens…

The Plot

I started making my own blank from scratch not first rodeo was looking for resin , cloth , qcell etc and this board poped up super cheap and thought hey its the same dims as my boardcad drawings but needs some work to put right + made from a really good local shaper whos work is renownd round these parts , looking at the orginal pics the scoop looked minor in the front and the flex tail ( which is great may i add) needs some repair so i thought hey why not lets giove it ago can allways glass up my board in the summer which is better suited to current weather, i purchased shipped then realised owww theres way more scooping going on here than the pics way more so took a spare stringer ive mocked up and sized down then ? what too do thats one hell of a void i realise shes going to be heavey either way but at 45l voulme standard and most my boards are in the low 30s why not have a brick for some smaller fun days.

Current blank made out of foam pu not a blank now wishing it had been a blank ( first foam job other 2 have been hollow wood boards) some channels in there too as i took too much foam out.

Hi guys, the boards now kind of fixed, bad lam job as first time using uv resin and forgot to do work indoors but still workable board thanks for everyone’s input on this,