HELP ME TO DRAW A NECK BEARD II

Hi every one,

I was reading this website since many years now and this is my first topic.

First, i’m a good (street, rail and bowl) skateboarder but becoming a little older to crash myself. Then i tried surf that is more smoother.

This why I starded surf with fish, I only have made some 5’7 fish (31 to 35 liters) and one 6’0 (45 liters) single for low waves. I’m 30years old, 86kg, 1m82 (190lbs, 6’ tall)

Like everybody (i guess), i though the last electri wizard dane reynolds part amazing and I would like to make a neck beard II. I really like the shape.

Anyway, any one can help me to draw this deck ? Some advice ? what do you think about this ?

I already made the outline et rocker but i don’t know how to shape this single concave though the deck and the rail.

SD3X file below (open link and click on top right download icon, it work for me)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1zg1Gm2PzOegCBCv1q86saNO8Ck42x9HF/view?usp=sharing

Thank for your support

Are you sending this file out to be cut or are you shaping it yourself? If you’re shaping it yourself I woulnd’t worry about the Shape3D file, just use it to get your outline.

The outline looks good, I think it has too much rocker in the nose and tail though. I think it has a bit too much concave too far forward (9/16" is a lot). I like to have the concave deepest between my feet about 1/4" or so deep max, I don’t like super deep concaves but that probably has more to do with my narrow stance.  

does this help??

No !!!

I made this shape and i made itself now. I though anybody can help me to found the right dimension but… too late.

it’s a 5mm (something aroung 1/4") deep front foot concave. I already made a 12mm (1/2") concave (to sprial V) on a 5’7 fish and it works fucking great.

i used some graphic tool (with layer) to manage this draw. I made it with a hard rail on tail, tucked egde (1/2") on mid and “boxy” on top.

Now the foam is ready to laminate. See below

something around 34/35 liter for 84/88 kg. Hope you like it.

haha well I thought a bump to the thread wouldn’t hurt, but not always appreciated I guess.  Board looking good in spite.  

it disturbed my work ! look like my best friend beard!..

I missed my purple… it’s pink… :frowning: i made some grim (i tried)

hot coat on bottom before final sanding.

i made wide tucked under edge rail and hard rail on the last 6".

board sanded and finished