“R” Shaped Fins

I have one of the above (Pic Below) that I’ve never used and was going to try it out on my 9’1" longboard.

Side bites or no side bites???

New Zealand government has allowed us back in the water today for the first time in 5 weeks.

Go for it and have a blast.  I always installed plugs for sidebites in boards I built while living on Maui.  Always gave my customer the option.  But the waves are often steeper, larger and more vertical in the HI as compared to the average surf spot in California or New Zealand…  I would say that with that particular fin, leave them out.  It has lots of rake and flex.  Those fins usually start to show flex cracks under the foot of a hard turning surfer in quality surf after a period of time.  They do flex.  Your Kiwi Govt did an excellent job of handling the Virus.  Shut down, shut it down fast and hard.  While it’s true you have a rural population and not overly populated;  short term pain yielded long term gain.  All the best under the “long white cloud”.  Enjoy.  Lowel

Thanks for that, back out surfing tomorrow. 

Between 26 March & 4th March we were 80 odd cases of infection per day. We’ve been in single figures for the last 7 days. I know we’re only 5 million but shows what can be done. Economy is shagged tho.

We’re all gonna make a roaring comeback.  American optimism is one good quality about us Yanks that isn’t dead yet.