To whom it may concern ...

I am not dead.  Somewhere farther South.

Just needed a temporary change of scenery, warmer water, a marriage with mutual respect and a more politically stable environment.  And fried bananas. :confused:

Hope everybody is well.  News from home has been disturbing, at best :(  I am hopeful there will still be an America to return to next fall.

Health issues have prevented me from surfing for some time.  But many good memories.  Maybe a medical miracle will make it possible again.

Send email.  No real mail exists here.

Billy

Aloha Billy,

Good to see you back on the forum again.      How far south are you?        Mexico?    Costa Rica?     Other?

If you really are looking for a “medical miracle” this guy is your man

https://masterangels.org

https://manwhocankillavirus.com

To my eye, website is a bit hokey but Master John Douglas is the real deal. I’ve both seen and experienced some rather startling things. Here’s just two… long time good friend had lyme disease for several years and no help from conventional medicine nor the usual alternatives. Meanwhile she developed strange chest pains and weakness etc. Trip to cardiologist and MRI revealed atrial septal defect i.e. hole in internal wall of her heart. Usual prognosis for that is live with and suffer and maybe suddenly drop dead or get open heart surgery to repair and maybe die on the table or from surgical complications after. She got in to see John for 5 minute private session. Result–lyme gone and 2nd MRI from cardiologits showed totally healed, normal heart. Her doc was freaked!

His main thing is spiritual evolution but the drawing card is the fact that he’s a freaking miracle worker.

Feel free to pm me!

Thanks Mr. Thrailkill for the upgrade.

So it goes something like this:

After many years living in Central Wisconsin, and surfing all three North American coasts in somewhat of a rotating pattern, occasionally visiting other countries’ surf spots for a change of scenery, some very very bad things happened.

Upon return from Winnipeg, I was selected for inspection by CBP in North Dakota.  They uncovered a small container of cab-o-sil I kept on hand for making paste for ding repairs on site, and an aromatherapy device.

This resulted in verbally and physically abusive treatment, followed by several hours of detention and questioning.  After this, I was basically told “OK you can go now.” :confused:

I returned to the home office and switched my trailer of raw materials for another of finished product, and headed for the California coast.  Nightmares and panic attacks ensued, resulting in lack of sleep and the decline of my emotional well being.

Long story short, I made the decision to secure the rig and fly home for further examination and possible intervention.  Regrettably, my newly developed fear of uniformed officials manifested itself as an inability to face TSA at the airport.  I missed my flight and checked into a hotel.

I blacked out sometime that night, and woke up in emergency somewhere in Orange County (Costa Mesa I think?)  I was immediately accused (again) of drug use, which a blood test quickly ruled out.  The police left, and I was transported to a secured place, where they wore white uniforms but I was regrettably still prohibited from leaving.

This went on for two weeks and accumulated $35,000 in medical bills.  Eventually, their legal authority ran out and I signed myself out against medical advice.  I walked to the closest ATM and made a withdrawal.  For some reason unwelcome at the previous hotel, I checked in to a Motel 6 until I could make travel arrangements.

During my time in the hospital, I received divorce papers and was also stripped of my medical authorization to operate a commercial vehicle.  This compounded my already declining emotional health.  Bankruptcy and homelessness soon followed.

I was able to get disability benefits after a couple of years of moving between couches/campgrounds/floors and Wal Mart parking lots.  I didn’t have enough to buy a house, but Mom generously gave me the deed to the old family home (abandoned since I was 18 and in very very bad condition.)

I used my lump some distribution to fund repairs to the property, and make it capable of sustaining human life again.  I adopted a cat.  And eventually 5 others.  I was beginning to feel human again.

In 2013, I began to feel weak and unenthusiastic again.  I naturally blamed my emotional health.  Thankfully my initial Medicare wellness exam revealed severe anemia.  Which revealed internal bleeding.  Which revealed stage 3 colon cancer.

This is where the surfing stopped.  I had surgery to remove part of my colon, and had a port installed in my chest.  6 months of chemotherapy followed.

Thanks to a move to Michigan and the help of some horticultural professionals, I was able to find a natural source of pain relief.  It worked, in my opinion, more safely and with less dangerous side effects than many of the commercially available alternatives.  I didn’t feel particularly well, but I felt human and managed to avoid depression to the point of nervous breakdown or worse.

Eventually I finished treatment.  I have been cancer free for some time now.  But I also experienced a lot of relief from this new medicine on the side of emotional health.  So I continued to medicate with it, after all, Michigan law allowed me to.

Some years later, and a few days prior to drastic changes in state law concerning this medication’s use, I had an encounter with law enforcement officials.  They searched my vehicle, which I wasn’t overly concerned with – after all, I had a doctor’s recommendation that protected me.

Apparently there was a misunderstanding/misinterpretation of the rules somewhere.  The officer informed me that we were only permitted to carry 56 grams, not 56 kilograms.

This resulted in immediate seizure of my vehicle, and a trip downtown.  I spent the night in a very cold and dark place that I don’t care to go back to.

Fortunately, a compassionate judicial system handed down a somewhat reduced sentence to what the prosecutor was demanding (30 years in state prison.) 

As soon as my probation requirements were fulfilled, I swiftly left the United States as I had frankly had my fill of most of our government officials.

Sometime last December I met a positively amazing woman, who would soon become my wife.  We have been living in a remote location in West Africa since.

We are hoping to return to the USA, as I have family there who is patiently awaiting me, and I wish to finish my Bachelor’s degree.  But given the current health and political environment worldwide, no promises are being made by our attorney.

For the time, this is our home.  Hoping for life to return to some sense of normalcy, and maybe see my children and parents again in this lifetime.

That’s pretty much it.  We have each other, a house, food, and drinkable water.  Here, that equals incredibly blessed.

Still, a cat would be nice.  Most here are too big to keep as pets. :confused:

Good Lord, what a saga !        What a survival story.

In case anybody is having a hard time calculating a reaction to this post, let me make something understood.

The time for crying is long behind us.  Laughter and other positive reactions are welcome and encouraged.  :slight_smile:

If you were so inclined you could turn that into a book! Amazing you have gotten to where you are now.

Well … you know … it’s 98% attitude :confused:

Enough time here can change your entire perspective on life.  The people of this country have suffered hard for a lot longer than most of us.  In so many ways.  Long before any of us were even thought about being conceived, children here were being born already traumatized, almost as if it were embedded in their DNA.  It remains that way to some extent even now.

Anybody who has spent some time here, or in similarly less fortunate places, knows precisely what I’m talking about.

Still, even today, most people here don’t have much, but are very upbeat and have incredible faith and strength.

I’ll share more stories another day.  I’m getting super sleepy.   Please be well.  Thank you for welcoming me back (digitally, at least.  Don’t worry you’re not in danger of being dropped in on anytime soon :/)

Wow , but still , there is something about that story ,  just cant put my finger on it , there is a word to explain it all , its on the tip of my tongue , i will get back to you later , after I visit with Dr Strange miracle worker . Aloha to all  : )

amazing post and story buddy. pleasure to read it and a pleasure to send you some positive feels.