Little FCS sidebites?

First post here, was just wondering if anyone has seen a board like this? I can really only see nubsters being put in these tiny slots on the side, but why? Anyone have any experience with this fin setup? Could I ride this board bonzer style with a center fin and two sidebites if I wanted to?  Thanks!

I think in the  late 90’s Rusty came out with the C5 models, which had a FCS plug located there.

Your plug is longer, allowing for a wider range of movement fore or aft of the ‘pre’ fin.

Both Twinzers and  robert’sTwonzers have loyal followings. 

They work. 

The prefin can make the bigger rail fin work better. 

I’ve not seen any of the sway’s twinzer afficionados posting lately, but the ‘twinzer’ search word should lead to lots of information from them.

The centerfin box of your install has a shorter cavity for your fin bases than the side fin boxes.   It’s only 1/2" deep.  It’s not enough finbox to hold a 6.5" or 7" centerfin without getting ripped out when the fin is loaded up under a turn.  Plus, it’s mounted way too far back for a 2+1 install.  

If you want to do something different with that board’s fin setups, run it as a twin, either with or without a small tail dragger or nubster center.   

Depending on where you’re located, you can buy a pair of the molded Twin fins for $20.   Here’s one seller:

https://fiberglasssource.com/collections/futures-fins/products/futures-fins-thermotech-t1-sides-2

I don’t know if you can even buy a C5 canard (to fit the triangular plug in front of the sides) any more but if you have any old plastic FCS side fins you could make one.    I wouldn’t run a twinzer canard (those are larger than the C5s that Rusty Surfboards was using in their design) because those triangular plugs are notorious for failing or losing fins when they’re more highly stressed.  

You can buy small single tab fins from both Rainbow and True Ames.  Fiberglass.  No plastic fins that I know of other than the C-5 fins.

I googled the C5 fin and came across this vendor:  Not cheap by any means , but perhaps a little less expensive than a custom fin.  Template reminds me more of Herb’s superchargers than of Rusty’s C5.  

Thanks everyone! I’m in hawaii and I still haven’t been able to find any c5/twinzer fins so it looks like I’m gonna have to hack apart an old fin or two at some point to try the twinzer out, im super interested because I already love twins and just wish for a tad bit more hold. Anyone ride a twinzer? and FYI to anyone that was wondering the board is an experimental shape from Glenn pang from the factory.

We’re all about re-using old fins and DIY.   If you’re going to do anything more than a 2" tall fin - which I don’t recommend for that plug - then you might consider using an old Future based fin and cut a tab into that base because those fins include the same cant as your mains.