Mike Hynson personal board ?

A personal friend of mine passed away in October of 2013. He had shaped boards for at least 40+ years. When I cleaned out his shaping bay this board was behind a stack of blanks. Tell me what you might know about any Hynson / Yater connection. On the deck in pencil it reads, 8’4" 21 1/2" personnel “BT” Designed and Shaped by Michael Hynson. On the bottom it reads, Designed and Handshaped “1986” by Michael Hynson personnel. Looks as though someone started to patch it up at one point. Might just be a wall hanger cause it needs some serious work. Your thought guys? Thanks.

Yes, there is a Michael Hynson / Yater connection.  It probably started in the early days at Hobie and then on to Santa Barbara.  He was up there in the late 80’s.  In a conversation with Lauren Yater once, he referred to him as “Uncle Mike”.   Other than a conversation or two with Lauren, just info that came to me thru a couple of guys who were in SB around that time frame.  I was in Santa Cruz during that time frame and I had a friend who had driven to SB to order a Yater and had seen Hynson around, probably at Beatty’s.  Was around that time that I had heard the ball bearing surfboard story.  Which Hynson confirmed to me with a twisted mad scientist smile at a Hobie party in the late 90’s.  Had to do a little of thinking to clear up the time frame in my 70 something mind.  86 makes perfect sense to me.  Was probably 87 when I first heard rumors of him being in SB.  There’s more to the story, but not on a public forum.  Lowel. 

Thank you

BT = Bill Thrillkill?

Lol!  Why not? This is Sways.  Another story.  Another time.

Not in the context of this thread/topic.