Single vs. Double Concave Groveler

To fill the gap in my intermediate quiver, I’m thinking that my 6th build should be a groveler. My last build, a 7’1" x 21" x 2.8" egg, ~45L with a high rocker, worked out just right. It floats me well and I can easily handle late drops into clean waist to shoulder high. My 7’6" soft rail hull longboard rides right through mush no problem, but turns slow. So I want something I can turn through that same mush with and learn to generate speed with. Im thinking 6’4" x 22" x 2.8", ultra low rocker and hard tucked rails.  i see most grovelers are setup with quad fins and single to double concave. There’s a 50% I’ll screw up the double, so Im thinking of just keeping it simple and running a single concave to the fin section and flat out the back. I figure that the single beneath my center of gravity will still enable me to get it going rail-to-rail and flat out the back carries a bit more speed. Would I be losing out here if I didnt go double?

Single to double is my go-to bottom contour. Shaping in doubles are just as easy as singles.I use a curved sanding block to help feather them in.

DCasey-

Thanks for posting. I don’t know if I have ever mentioned this but I am a fan of your color work, I am remembering some yellow to green or yellow to orange fades.