cloth texture on carbon rails after sanding

Hi guys ,

I really need some advice , i am sanding a 5’7" epoxy with carbon rails and the cloth texture is showing up in patches along the rails.

i have only lightly sanded them and it still feels completly smooth and flush with the res of the board so it is quite confusing .

not sure if i should put another coat on the rails i would love some advice as this is my first board .

thanks 

The Shiny spots directly adjacent to the sanded weave is indicative that you did not get the carbon pulled tight and flat to the rail contour, or it lifted during the hardening, or some combination of both.

Its also possible it is also not fully saturated, as it is hard to tell with carbon. 

I’d sand within the shiny depressions for some mechanical tooth, and do another fill coat and sand only lightly with 220+ afterwards, but you are still likely to hit weave.

I’d Wait for responses from those with more experience wrapping rails with carbon.

thanks for the reply 

It’s a weird one because it doesnt feel like a burn through it might just be cosmetic but if thats not the case and the weave will suck in water i will definitly re coat them

I’m not clear on your layup.  What is your layup and in what order?  It sounds like you are saying the Carbon is not under the cloth, but rather on top?  Is that the case? Please clarify.