sinle fin box out @ 1/8 "

I am reshaping the bottom of a longboard that never worked great …I shaped the board and I had the it glassed and the fin box installed by a local glasser. presently  I am moving the fin box back from 6" to 4" from the tail. I measured the fin box placement before routering it out and  it is not centered. it is out 1/8 on an inch left to right …  how much does a misalligned fin box (@6") have on the performace of a 9’8* squaretail noserider? 

Minah.  Probably not at all.  Should have sold it and bought a blank.  You must have a lot of time on your hands. So you stripped the bottom glass only?  And are reshaping the bottom only.  A fin box at six inches from the tail block is pretty standard.   A box set four inches from the tail block is pretty extreme.  If you want that old school on the tail block thing, glass one on.

Time was not  the issue . dremel tool . peel of . will give it a slimm fast treatment , i think it deserves a face lift . I think standard log fin box placement on a log is 3 3/4- 4 3/4  inches from tail; takayama model T @4 / black rose fine swine@4.5 / bruce grant glass on @ 4 . will straighten the fin box. see how she goes

Where in the hell did you get those #‘s.  Complete BS.  5 1/2 - 6""  for 9’ to 9’6.  

i used a measuring tape