Ditching the UV lightbox!?

Hi guys,
Awhile ago now I built a UV lightbox for curing. Im pretty tight for space:
Shed is 90" wide (225cm)
UV Box is 25" wide (600mm)
So it only leaves me with 65" (160cm) for my racks with a board I’m glassing, hence not much room each side of the board Im working on.

While the lightbox works great, Im interested to see if you guys have a solution for some mobile lighting racks (pictures would be awesome!!!) that might mean I am able to lose the box and gain back some space!

Great to get your thoughts legends!

Cheers Marty

is it possible to mount the box higher up on the wall, closer to the ceiling?

Some guys have two sets of lights over their glassing rack.  One for normal work and one that is UV.  When a board is ready for UV, they turn off their normal fluorescent light and turn on the UV. How effective is UV light not contained and reflected in a box?  Probably just a matter of taking more time to set or cure.

hmmm was a thought of mine, but would put it right at head height (ouch!) and its far enough away from my ‘working’ space to not knock my head!!
I swear enough during glassing, this would take it next level!!! Appreciate the idea though!!! Cheers

yeh thats some i’ve considered, and may still consider again, just have a pretty tight fit all considered, roofs only around 2.1m so it might get a bit cramped, but could possibly work. Ive heard of some portable style setups bot changing from roof and racks on castors etc…was hoping to see some photos off peoples set ups to help me visualise how to about making something!!

Surf Source used to have a link that had pictures of what you are describing.  It was their UV/ Suncure link.  Don’t know if it is still there on their website.

hmmm interesting, had a quick look, doesn’t seem to be there now , grrrrr, not to worry, I’ll keep planning, Im sure something will spring in to my mind!!