Late 60's? Surfboards Hawaii

Hi, I’m looking for some info on this mint Surfboards Hawaii my dad has had in the basement since forever. I am unable to locate a serial number or any initials anywhere on the board. I know that its real and authentic because I’ve been coveting the damn thing since I was a very small boy - and I’m 48. The story is that it was left in the garage of a house my grandmother purchased in Michigan around 1972. Supposedly it had belonged to the previous owners son who was killed in Vietnam. In my lifetime its only been ridden twice. He may be interested in selling it. Any help at all would be greatly appreciated. Board is currently located in Portland, Maine. THANKS.

For me it all started with a Surfboards Hawaii.  The fin and the tail block tells me mid sixties

Another pic.

Thats even better if it is! I’ve looked all over the damned thing and I cannot find ANY markings. Would love to know who actually shaped it and when. He has talked about selling it but has no idea what it might be worth.

Everything about that board, says 1964/65 to me.     It appears to be an early board, and may well have been shaped by John Price.      The board is a classic example of that era.      An extremly good find!

Thanks for chiming in here! I’m really amazed at the shape it’s in. A few bumps and scratches but it seems to have weathered the years fairly unscathed. 

Bill T is right. 1964 is the likely year it was made. John Price took over right around that time. The D fin is a holdover from earlier years but the label says Encinitas which indicates it’s a Price board. Prior to his involvement all were made in Hawaii. There are no markings because many didn’t even do serial numbers and even fewer added initials or anything of that sort.

While the board is in excellent condition for its age it is not “mint”. There appear to be holes inside the lower label at the stringer, the tail looks like it has some resin glopped onto it, and there’s numerous scratches. In order to be mint a board must look like it just left the factory. Yours is about a 9 on a 1 to 10 scale.

Thanks for your input! I knew it had to be made after they moved to CA by the label but didnt realize it was that early. You’re right, I guess she’s not “mint”, definitely some scratches and bruises but 9 out of 10 after almost 60 years is pretty sweet.