Dave Gott on Maui

Aloha all.  Dave Gott is quite the accomplished glasser on Maui (Gott Glassing).  Maybe a few of you know of him or at least have ridden a board by him.  I’m from Maui myself, personally never met him, but know people close to him.   rode many boards glassed by him and the glass jobs are nothing short of top quality.  recently his 17-year old son passed away.  If you’ve had any connections with Dave, send him some condolences and love.  Can’t imagine the pain hes in right now.  There’s also a gofundme page if anyone should feel so inclined to donate some money.  I’m getting paid more on unemployment right now than I earn at my real job, so I’ve got a little to spare.  Just wanted to spread the word here in case any of you were connected to him in some manner.  Mahalo.  

Thank you for that.  Phoned him back before the virus started and touched base.  I have extolled his abilities as a glasser on this site ever since I got here.  Best glasser and glass shop on Maui and he would be one of the best anywhere.   But not only is he a great glasser, he is one of the nicest people you’ll ever meet…  He’s touched a lot of people on Maui and the West Coast in general.  I was finally ready to travel back to Maui and hang out for awhile.  Flights were cheap, had an old van ready to ship and camp in.  Borrow a shaping bay up at Pauwela Cannery and bug Dave a little bit.  Then the damned virus hit.  Still hoping to figure a way around it this fall.  I’ll have to come up with a good lie for the 14 day quarantine.  I’ve encouraged people to drop in on him over the years.  His glass jobs made my boards completely professional overnight.  First professional glasser I ever went to.  Did my own before that.  They were very hit and miss before Dave.  I’ll say a prayer.  Can’t imagine the pain of having a child die before a father dies himself.   Mahalo for posting this.  Dave will now realize how many wonderful friends he has.  But my bet is; he already knew.   Lowel