Wardy appraisal?

Got this Wardy for a song on craigslist. I’m a novice surfer, so I didn’t know what it was until I brought it into the local shop for some resin. A quick google search revealed similar boards posted for anywhere between $400 and $3,500… Don’t get me wrong—I love this board, but I would rather be able to buy boards for the rest of my family, so I’m looking to sell. :slight_smile:

Does anyone have advice about appraising the value of a board like this? I’ve attached photos of all markings:

RH 9’6" x 22 1/2" x 3" on the deck. 

02 USA 9.5 DD on the fin. 

Thanks in advance for your knowledge. 

This is not a vintage board. I’d bet that 98 at the end of the serial number is the year it was made. Fred Wardy left the surfboard business in the 60s. I never heard of anyone taking over his brand in a legitimate way.

This could well be a counterfeit.

The markings on the fin mean nothing. The fin could have been bought last year.

The board is worth the same as any used longboard in similar condition. It is not valuable, it is not collectible.

Good to know, thanks! Oh well—at least I’ll feel better about learning to surf on it. 

Looks like a half decent board. Fine for a beginner. Patch any holes to keep water out and enjoy it.

Also, never believe prices you see on the internet for vintage board sales. Most are inflated and unrealistic. The only halfway believable numbers are for boards that have sold. Asking prices on ebay are especially ridiculous most of the time.

The logo on the tailblock indicates that it was glassed at Aloha Glass in Westminster.  So that makes it very recent.   I don’t know what year Steve started that business, but they have been around since some time in the 90’s.  So 98 is probably right.  Probably shaped and glassed in house. Could  have been done by someone in the family as a run of boards with the Wardy logo. 

RH is undoubtedly Roger Hinds.   So in my opinion;  you have something that is modern, but pretty rare and unique.  PS. Be wary of old boards that actually look like they are from the 60’s with Wardy logos.  Somebody up here in the Northwest was doing fakes awhile back.  

Thinking back on tid bits I heard;  Aloha Glass May have been owned or connected somehow to Roger Hinds originally.  

I suppose “RH” could also be Ron House, but my money is on Roger Hinds.  Either shaper could easily shape this style of board.

Two days and 13 hours eh.   Bullshit gets likes.   Truth gets nada.  Haha.  I’ll give you what you paid for it plus a $20.   What was that song?

Hey there, 

Sorry for the delay, and thanks for commenting. I’m still reading up on Roger Hinds, Ron House, and Aloha Glass, but if this board was shaped by any of them, that would be pretty cool. I’ll hold on to it for now, but thanks for your offer. 

Just yankin’ your chain.  Yeah I would hang onto it.  I’m sure it is a Roger Hinds.  He has always liked a little extra wood on his boards.  Ron House was probably still busy with the “Surfglass” factory, Stewart and Hobie in '98.

Riptide- ride, PM me and I will give you a phone number for Roger Hinds. Don’t know if it is still good but you can try it.