Need info on Surfboard Please

Just acquired a 7’11" Surfboard. Any info on this board is greatly appreciated. Thank you!

There are a bunch of woolsey decals on the Stanlys web site if you can blow them up in size you may get more info .

Thanks @gbzausa. Do you mean Stanley’s here:

http://www.surfcrazy.com/stanleys/html/surflogow.html

eventhough they are labeled “Woolsey” all the logos are actually “Woosley”

I can see why there’s some confusion. Woosley is/was an Australian label. I’m guessing this was more or less a backyard guy from the US. The shape and general look of the board is pretty crude. It has a second gen Fins Unlimited box/fin. The “Variset” version. That dates to about 1968-69. Where are you located? Could have been a small time operation local to your area.

Sorry about that , I don’t understand why it was mislabeled .

No worries. This was not the first mislabled Ray Woosley reference that led my research to hit a wall!

Thanks for the info on the FU fin.

I have to decide now what to do with it.

1 I don’t think it was cut down. 7’11" is in keeping with the box as far as year of origin.

2 I would not put much time and money into it. It sure isn’t a collectible by any stretch and you might get a little money for that cracked fin. But even if you repair it the value isn’t the same as a more pristine gen 2 FU. That plastic is not easy to fix and may well crack again. The staining around the fin indicates it was sucking water for a long time. No doubt it has major funk under the glass. The box may be cracked inside where the base meets the sidewalls.

3 Just by virtue of the outline i can only guess it rides like crap. Especially if you are going to ride east coast beachbreak with it. That weird interruption in the outline of the nose curve says the baord was shaped by a rank amateur that knew very little about surfboards.

Thanks for your thoughts @SammyA