Does nose flip actually do anything?

I’m shaping myself a nice little 6’3" squash tail starting with a 6’4" MB US Blanks.  I was planning on using the stock rocker and foiling the nose/tail from the top (after planing overall thickness from the bottom).  I got to thinking that I could easily add a little nose flip in the board to assist with the thinning of the nose.  I’ve read Roberts does this on his boards and I’m just curious if anyone has noticed a marked improvement with adding nose flip.  I’ve been surfing a 6’0" pintail I made form a stock 6’0"R blank which has relatively low rocker.  My experience with the upper limits of this board (8-9ft faces) on steeper beach break waves is that the overall rocker (nose to tail) really defines whether or not I will make a wave.  I can knife the rails and hang on in most cases and make it.  I don’t see how adding any amount of rocker to the front 1-2’ of the board will help in any manner as my weight is largely behind this curve when taking the drop.  If the nose is sinking, it is sinking regardless of the curve up there.  Am I completely wrong?  I can only see nose flip as creating futher unnecesary paddling drag.  Now the rocker between my front foot and the tail - I can see how adding rocker there would make a big difference dropping into hollower waves.

Anyone have an opinion or experience on this?

More i go, lower are my front shortboards rockers, but still high rocker back for curvy waves… With board became shorter , wider and thicker front, less flip in the nose is needed to have a nice eyes matching curves. I always see nose flip as an ingrédient for eyes and not functional on babush shortboards.