Shoutout to this forum and the guys that answer. I have learned so much in 3 months.

What’s up guys. South shore Oahu here. Shaped my first board in July, wrapped one cutback on it and haven’t looked back. 13 boards shaped and glassed with 4 more blanks on my racks for next week. I love this. Every board is better than the last. Just having issues with air bubbles on painted rails where I wrap the cloth around (can’t get as much pressure as on the deck I guess, shit paint, idk really.  Here’s some pics of freelaps and some cutlaps. All UV resin with some gloss done on a couple. Any tips on the foam stain lam issues would be great. It just doesn’t seem to want to stick to the paint on the wrapped part. 

Try resin tints instead of paint…do a foam stain before glassing using about 10 oz of resin and a foam roller.  Work fast cause the roller won’t last too long.  I typically use pigments rather than tints but with uv catalyst I’m not sure how well that would work (pigment is opaque, tints are translucent).   Have fun!  Ps lots of swaylock guys on Oahu…

Sways truly is an inspirational place. I lurked for years before building a few boards myself. 

Also kicking it in Aiea. Living the dream!