Show us your longboard pics that are NOT a noserider

I need some inspiration. Love to see some longboard pics & descriptions that are not a noserider. Show what you got!

Thinking about my next board build: 9’ 8"x 22" triple stringer single (or quad for the middle shape), point break easy paddler. Can’t make up my mind, but I gotta pick one! Was hoping for some visual or verbal inspiration to help me decide :slight_smile:

All 3 are a variation of previous boards I’ve made at 9 foot & liked, but this will be my first time going this long, and my first attempt at shaping a triple stringer.

Number 1 has the nicest lines to my eye by far. Makes me think G and S Skip Frye lines. Mike

Phil Edwards style longboard by Byzak

Harbour Longboard

Looks like a remake of the Trestle Special, which was essentially one of the many Edwards ‘copycat’ shapes of the mid 60s. Same goes for the Hynson Redfin.

All were semi speed shapes with triple stringers. The outlines and bottom contours varied some, according to taste. A classic design.

Reworked the sketches a bit, actually considering the possibility of making all 3…

…seems that you only want this style of board? or do you want another styles of long boards?

First board, on the left, gets my vote.        All three are quite attractive designs.

Thnx Bill - at 9’ 8" that scales out to a 10" wide squash tail.  Think it would work well as a single fin?

Anything but a standard noserider.

Yes, as a single fin, best in smaller waves.       Best as a ‘‘Twingle’’, it can be ridden in anything you’d care to tackle, in California or Hawaii.          Under 20 feet, of course.

Hi Huck; here couple. Both intended for larger surf conditions. Sport lighter density foam; lighter glass work (but thicker shape not overshaped blank); foam/fiber tailblock; translucent nose block in one. Red Cedar/HDPU Tee band with off set R Cedar stringers. I made the fin too but do not have the photo. The other have a R Cedar/basswood Tee band with more pulled in outline overall. One is a charger the other is a rider.

9’0 x 16.5 x 22 x 14, run it 2+1 in average waves, quad when time to haul okole…fave LB of all time for good waves.

9’0" hi pro 18"x 22 3/4" x 13" 2 3/4" thick.  I made it to ride as a 2+1 or quad, but unlike my other hi pros  this one likes a 10" flex fin best.