Concaves for a step-up

Wanna make a little +2" step-up for east coast hurricane surf.

cannot decide between a flat bottom or the industry standard single to double to V.

any opinions?

Last step ups i made were for guys i made day use boards so i shape them like a real quiver add board. I go with 4" more in lenght same width center and nose, i just stretch tail so mid point go from back to center tail width reduce, round pin. I keep same rocker and lift measure. 1/8" more thickness than day use (before concave) and i do a 1/8" belly to vee from nose to tail with some concave in each V pannels of 1/3 back. So i keep same rail thickness and shape than day use but with more volume for faster take off and more rail back in water for more control. Convex bottom to lower lift when speed to keep contact with water, increase thickness center increase stiffness and so buckling strengh, i add some glass on bottom to add some weight and strengh.

Lemat, you actually go with a mostly convex bottom so the board “sits”? I assume to add control at speed? Now im really all over the place, which sorta bolsters the argument to go neutral flat. Sigh. decisions 

what wave are your sleds being made for?

more specifically, im not trying to make an all out rhino chaser. Just a little crutch for when my pupils start to dilate a little. Head high or so. It’s going to have HPSB characteristics, but im going to (attempt) moving wide point 1" forward from center. Widen nose a hair, suck in the tail a hair. Add 2" of length. Same rockers.

just very indecisive about bottom contour.

French beach break, bigger days at same spots they use their daily driver.

For me flat is an efficient bottom for many kind of shapes, here i go convex to keep same rail thickness with thicker board, plus at bigger days those beachbreaks move more water so you need higher volume but in still compact shapes. I do many boards with flat bottom with success, in général with a good amount of tail rocker. You Can go with flat to double concave in vee to improve rail grip and control at speed.