Rockers on a stepup

Plan is to make a little stepup, only 2" jump. Its going to be the wider nose, wide point forward style to keep things short yet voluminous. Goal is 5-7ft new jersey beach break crutch.

What kinda rocker numbers should i put in this? I was leaning towards the 4.75 " and 2.25" but i dont actually know what im doing so…

Sounds fun. Tail rocker of 2.25" sounds like a good wave board to me, but nose is too low for decent waves. I’ve generally found that nose rocker of about 6.9% of the length and tail of 2.7% works well in an everyday board. I’m generally surfing board around my height (6’1") so that gives me a shade under 2" of tail and a bit over 5" of nose.  

Here’s a few popular board models measurements for comparison:

• 6'2" OG flyer 1 7/8" T, 6" N
  • 6'2" Monsta Box (2017?) 2 1/8" T, 5.5" N
  • 6'2" Morning of the Earth Tracks Twinny (Step-up) 2 3/8" T, 4 3/8" N

Hope that helps.

Supposed to be a good wave board 

i was thinking to keep the nose rocker lower, in trend with the movement towards wider noses and shorter step-up boatds.

OG flyer is the first shorter/wider commercial model that ican remember. So it’s still has roots in the glass slipper era.

interesting notes on themonsta box.

still leaning towards keeping my rockers at those numbers. I can still be swayed tho.

If you’re only going up 2" I would keep rockers the same as your daily driver.  Have you watched the Pizel interview on Surfline?  If you are a strong paddler and dropping in under the lip I wouldn’t shape you anything different other than a little more foam under your chest.  Just my 2c…

Well sir im an average paddler at 220lbs and an average wave catcher. Better once on my feet than i am at wrestling waves away from the lineup. My best chances are to sit on teenagers and scowl haha.

those numbers are more or less my shortboard numbers scaled up 2". A touch more nose rocker but not much.