Painted logo ?!

Today i repair a chilli eps xf tech build in Thaïlande. When i sand logo go of, it’s over hit coat but no thickness like a sticker or paint. Some one know how it’s do ?

…hello; many are done silckscreened with epoxy tints.

That’s actually good to know. Now that you explained it, I can see how that approach would make a lot of sense for them.   

Ok, silckscreened then sprayed varnish that’s way when i sand it’s yellowed and gummy…

What shit boards ! And really expensive here…

The Thai boards like Surftech and SouthPointe did it two different ways.  Either stenciled on the sanded board with paint and then clear coated; or a vinyl lazer cut logo was applied onto the clear coat.  Have sanded thru both while doing repairs over the years. The painted  stencil usually leaves a discoloration where the logo was, caused by UV.  The lazer cut vinyl could be removed with a heat gun or blow dryer. (Carefully). A lot of Sailboards that were done in the Cobra Factory used the vinyl sticker that could be reproduced at most sign shops.  It is easier in the production process to finish the board (paint and clear coat) and then simply apply the sticker.  Think about it;  They do Vinyl car wraps and those stay on really well.  The tech has just gotten better over the years.

Yes exactly, resin under the chilli logo is bright withe. I use to repair sup and sail boards with vynil and you’re right it’s strong, on last fanatic sup i repair all décor was a big sticker, very clean and seems durable.

Yes I am waiting for someone here on Sways to use a “vinyl wrap” on a surfboard…  I might have missed it, but I don’t think anyone here on the forum has done a full wrap on a surfboard.  Since the art is photo image or computer generated, you could make your board look like anything.   A little off topic, but I am just attempting to generate interest in something different.

Dingo , there was a thread about board wraps but I think it came up under another name , the boards were chrome .