TDI Shortage

Heard it’s the real deal, but was wondering what any of you know or have heard?

Turbo Diesel Injection ?

(edit by Huck)

Political comments have no place on Sways.  Ever!!!

I will assume McD is referring to an important ingredient in polyurethane foam, toluene diisocyanate (TDI).   There is a reported shortage in Europe.

https://www.resilience360.dhl.com/news/production-issues-at-tdi-plants-in-europe-may-impact-automotive-and-aerospace-manufacturers/

What I’ve heard is USB is having problems sourcing it from Germany. So they’re allocating their inventory - whatever that means. Well hey, there’s plenty of EPS to build boards with.

Similar to what I heard.  Also there may be an advantage to manufacture in Ensenada BC.  Glad I got my eggs in the basket they are in.  Just brought back 100 from O’side

Thanks for finding that link Stoney.  Hadn’t read anything definitive on the situation until that.

What I am suprised buy is that there was no mention of TDI manufacture in India or China.  Do you now whether or not any TDI is manufactured in these countries?  With West Coast lockdowns and Blank Shortages;  you’d think there would be a rush on.  I sold everything I had this past season due to lockdown and pent up demand.  Then wasn’t sure if I could travel to Calif. to get more.  It’s amazing to me that Arctic and Millennium have been able to manage a consistent transport schedule across the Southern Border.

US BLANKS respnse to my last order…‘‘Thank you for your order.  Please expect delays and potentially long lead-times as we are experiencing disruptions in our raw material supply chain.  All orders will be prioritized and processed in the order which they were received’’…

Lost my long time glasser this year. Finding a new epoxy glasser has not turned up too many options…At least in my area…

Sorry about double post

Hmmm

What I buy is India or China.  West Coast  and think.  I sold Calif. to get more.  It’s amazing to manage the Southern Border.

Had your annual check up?

I am trying to buy my first blank, and seems “US Blanks” is still having supply issues. 

Millennium and Arctic are on a roll.  Plenty.