Partial Hansen Doyle Pintail

Yup, I said “partial”. Some guy found the remnants of a Doyle “Pointed Tail”  model.

Somebody chopped it down to 6 feet with the intention of making a table. Board was found as is.

He did post the label with serial numbers. Wondering if Bill T can shed some light on the year, or other details?

For instance, do the numbers mean anything, and does Doyle’s name inscribed on it mean he shaped it?

The subject board above, was shaped by Fred (Buzzy) Smole,  indicated by the dot before and after the board number.     The 13912 number occured in the late 1966 or very early 1967 production period.      The Doyle 841 indicates that Mike Doyle was compensated for the use of his name.      I recognize the handwriting on the decal as Buzzy’s.

Thanks, Bill. I figured you could decode the numbers. I didn’t notice the dots, which I know to be Buzzy’s mark.

when I think of the longboards we reshaped into shorties up in NorCal during the first couple years of the ‘Revolution’ before we could get decent blanks…my first a 9’8 Trestle Special I reshaped into an 8’ version of it that worked surprisingly good…which one do you think I’d rather have now…lol