Hansen Info?

Hello informative collective!

I just got this board and can’t wait to try it out!  As with all soulful things, this priceless for me. Don’t need a value appraisal. However it would be an honor if Bill would chime in and give his thoughts. Is the fin original? Is the pigment?

Serial number says 7995 - T

Aloha!

Correction:  Serial # 7795 - T

Yep.     The board number indicates that it was shaped May or June of 1966.       If the color work deckside, has a clear resin layer over it, is most likely original to the board.      If not, it was done some time after.     The fin IS original to the board.      Hard to believe that I shaped that board 54 years ago!      My how time flies.

Oh Wow!  The “T” is you!  Well, this is just awesome and a real treasure! Thank you, sir!

Sir Dude.

Rare to see an old 50/50 in that condition - awesome!

I so appreciate this place!  Thank you for existing!

We are happy to be existing , and appreciate your thanks .

Since we are reviewing Hansen history and info, I was wondering.  Do any of you know if Sydney Madden,Pat Flecky or Les Potts ever rode for Hansen?  If not;  Any info on who each were affiliateed with, rode for etc. and may have shaped for?

Has anyone ever heard of Syd Madden , Pat Flecky or Les Potts?

https://www.swaylocks.com/forum/47840/rip-pat-flecky

Look 'em up in your magazines.  They are there.  Heard that Syd moved out to the desert.  Potts is probably still “roughing” blanks for Ole on Maui.  And Pat is with the Lord.  All three had early So. Cal. origins from what I remember.  Madden was North SD County for sure. Just wondering if there is a or was ever a Hansen connection for any of them.

They are there.

Yes they are.

Pat Flecky was “snapping” Levei go the typo in of course that should be shaping Boards for Hanson for a short time so most likely was also riding for Hanson. Syd Madden I believe was Riding for Surfboards Hawaii. 

I met both when they were shaping Boards for Sunset Surfboards. 

This maybe common knowledge, Gerry Lopez was a Hanson team rider with his own model. Before going back to Hawaii. 

The info on Pat and Madden is what I had thought and was trying to recollect.   I think I remember seeing an add at sometime featuring Syd Madden for Surfboards Hawaii.  I kind of remember seeing an add that featured Les Potts at Honolua for Surfboards Hawaii.  Could be wrong.   Was a long time ago.  Thank you.  Lowel

Off topic for this post…

I came across a 7’4" Superlight with the adjustable Hydro Wedge fin. Serial number ends with the letter A. Hard to read, but either 23001 A, or 28001 A. Second digit is blurred.

Any clue who shaped it, Bill?

Why was he snapping boards, and was that before or after they recorded Mmm Bop?

I’ve heard of Flecky and Madden. I think Madden had a Clark plug. A thick blank I think. Mike

was it the 9’3’’

thick!