color finish on mctavish carver

so this big ding on this guys beloved popout

has disrupted the detail onna deck and I am once again plagued and

losing sleep on the color match^&*(#@!

do es this corpeerate entity

provide access to matching colors

wether they makem or are they all secret squirlly

wtf their site search is difficult and their customer service #

dont work on sunday[sabbath?} bless their hearts.

… ambrose…

I don’t know if there is a corporate color matching service.  It is possible to visit an automotive body/paint supply store where they might have a computerized camera that can take a pic and provide the precise mix that will match that exact color.  There is usually a minimum quantity and it won’t be cheap…  $100.00/qt or something like that last time I checked.  They might also have a stock color booklet with sample chips that can get very close without the computer customization. I’ve had them pop some of those paints in to a custom spray can which is convenient if you don’t have a spray gun…  Shoot, even the corporate paint match (if available) might not perfectly match if the board has faded due to UV exposure.

Could you post a pic?

What John said, and I’ll add you might try a good house paint store or hardware store  that does paint. My local Ace Hardware is good with that. They work with pigments blended in various proportions to make a duplicate color or custom colors, usually with a ‘neutral base’ paint. Some have camera rigs for color matching, most have lots and lots of color cards. 

Take some baby food jars, just get pigments or a bit of the ‘right’ pigment blend. Maybe some white too, to approximate the neutral base? I have found house paint pigments worked very well indeed with epoxy and polyester resins. I also found that beer is a good medium of exchange with hardware store guys. 

How have you been, Ambrose? Hope all’s well

doc…

rattlecan the whole board…“look, fixed it, can’t see the ding anymore”…

brush painted it with car paint acrylic epoxy clear coated it.

you guessed it,no good deed goes unpunished,

whine wanted a color match,I sent him to the paint department

he stopped off with the contaimer and wanted more help

overbooked I said your turn… time for you to learn to paint…