Cloth not properly wetted

Hi all,

I am fairly new to shaping and glassing and ran into an issue on my last project. I thought maybe some of you have an idea on how i could fix up my mess a bit.

Doing the bottom lamination the temparature in my room was to low wich caused the epoxy resin to be too thick and spread out very difficult. However  all of the cloth seemed wetted out and absorbed the color of the pigment i added. After curing i found that in several places the cloth is not sticking to the foam propperly because the resin didn’t soak through the cloth. A lot of these spots are on the rails. I fear that if i do nothing about this i will run into delamminating issues in the future. Any suggestions on how i could go about fixing this?

Thanks in advance.

I will try to upload some clear pictures later today. 

So you did a tinted bottom lamination?  Is that correct?  Did you save some of the tinted Uncatalyzed resin.  Because if you did, you may be able to catalyze that tinted resin and dab/rub fresh resin into those spots.

I did indeed save same tinted resin. but scince there was already some resin in the cloth just not enough will it still soak through the cloth if i apply more resin now? 

Thank you for the help!

Meant to say uncatalyzed resin.  It is worth a try to catalyze a small amount and using your finger, rub it real hard down into the cloth.  Hopefully it will get thru the cloth and make the cloth adhere to the foam.  If the cloth is still sticky, semi wet or soft it may work.  Lowel

If that doesn’t work you might try taking a razor blade and cutting a little flap at the dry spot that you could lift & work some resin in then press the flap back down maybe pin it until the resin sets