What to Do? 9'0

Just picked up a custom 9’3Y. I’ve decided to make a 9’0, but otherwise still a bit on the fence. it screams classic, but I was envisioning a pulled in nose, and have been having a blast on hulls lately. something real fast. thoughts??

If you’re enjoying “hulls”, see if you can get your hands on an old Yater Spoon and feel it up a bit. Might get your blood pumping. One of my all time favorite boards was a Yater Spoon. It what I would call a semi-hull bottom and less nose than a designated nose rider but you could ride far up front anyway. Turned from pretty much anywhere on the board depending on the wave and your position.

May look at a Greg Liddle l-spoon. Based around a Yater spoon. Fast and fun ride the tip trim and turn from front third of board…

Whether it’s boards or boats or buildings or furniture … or what you’ll have for supper. it’s about who it’s for, what you have to work with, what your skills are 

And they’re transient. Supper will be gone pretty quick, a well made chair might last generations, so that somebody’s grandkids have it, A board gets used up pretty quick…or if it’s something well liked that works well, it will be around a while …or its another step on the path. 

Me, I’d say go with what you’ve been having fun with of late. If you like it, great. If you don’t, hey, it’s a blank, not the Hope Diamond, you can get another one real easy and make another one, a little different or a lot different. Either way, you learn something and you move forward. 

And so we pass the days,  live our iives,keep things interesting.

doc…

Thanks all for the input, and the sage words from doc… I appreciate that perspective. 

Seems only right to circle back to this now that the board is complete and I’ve had ample time to ride it. I really love this board. In the first pic it looks rather pig-like, but that was not my intention really. I ended up using a friend Hobie Phil Edwards spoon template, with the WP @ center. Maybe i went too wide in the tail, I’m not sure why it looks so piggy.

its a 9’0 x 22 x 3, a very foiled 3, with more “modern” rails. I went with belly throughout to vee ahead of the fin and running through the tail, and a bit of an S deck. the spoon nose was much more pronounced at one point, but i ended up blending it in more.

The thing is responsive rail to rail, and catches waves easily. overall, I’m stoked! I had a video, but i think i will need to upload it somewhere to include it here. too large otherwise

I can’t figure out why it won’t embed, so here is a link for a short ride clip:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKkwokaDemQ

Nice. Don’t ya love it when it all comes together? 

The piggy look is from the photo angle BTW. 

Saint Anne’s??