Colored inlay

Hey Guys

Has anyone done an inlay with fibreglass and tinted resin on only part of the deck/bottom?

Strips down the deck for example.

Paint would most likely be the norm here but i dont want to spray.

Was thinking maybe 2oz cloth tinted and applied like a cut lap but only down part of the board.

I guess it would be the same as fabric inlay stripes but was concerned about flex changes using fibreglsss cloth on only parts of the deck.

Cheers

I’ve made logos that way.  Lay my “word” and the outter shape of the logo out in masking tape, laminate a panel of resin tinted fiberglass over it and cut the letters out after it set up.   I’ve also laid veneer panels out and glassed over that, and I’ve laid hemp panels out and glassed over those.   

I’ve done it but I have no idea what type of craft & conditions you are working with that would be so hyper sensitive to resulting flex issues, clearly no ordinary surfboards or wave conditions, I have no comment on that.

Hey Huck

I was doubting it but just wanted to check.

If i did say a yellow tint on 2oz glass about 100mm wide at 100mm right side of the stringer, would the blank twist duing the curing phase as only the right hand side of the board will have glass.

Hope this makes sense

Cheers