Gearbox 2 install and fin cant

Hi Guys

Looking into the Gearbox 2 fin boxs

Studied the installation guide and very informative But - cant check the fin cant to make sure its right while curing.

I guess with the jigs being precice and having very little tolerance, it should be fine. 

I would still like to check and have it locked in so there is now movement during lamination. 

And how do you combat bottom shapes? if you put a 4 degree cant box in on a vee bottom, you will effectively have more cant than if you installed the same 4 degree box in a concave or flat bottom

Anyone had issues and what was your solution?

Cheers

Hi,

probably not the answer you are looking for… 

I never had problems with the installation, the boxes fit very precise in the routed holes.

But the can’t will definetly be defined by the contours, so you will have to use boxes with more or less cant to counter that.

In the past, when I had questions or insecurities i just asked at the gearbox contact forum. Robin Mair always was very helpfull and took a lot of time to help me out, be it with placement numbers or installation issues.

Happy new year! 

That makes sense;  Countering by using a box with extra or less cant to accommodate bottom contours.  I have never used Gearbox, but hear that they are well liked by people who do use them.  Probox was a good system as well.  The market for fin systems is very competitive.  Robin Mair is obviously up to the task.  The problem with Probox was the same problem O’Fishl had.  No continuing R&D.