Price for used Infinity Surfboard 10' x 23 1/2" noserider

A friend of mine passed away recently and I’m trying to help the family sell off his extensive collection of modern longboards. He was a big guy and excellent surfer.

Can anybody give me some idea of the value of this Infinity 10’ long x 23 1/2" wide appears to be in excellent condition, one small ding in nose. Any suggestions appreciated, I have no idea what the board sold for new or the used value. Thank very much, Don Stone

It looks like an imported board from Asia.    There’s a separate pricing tier for those that’s lower than the domestic bult custom boards.  If you pick through Craisglist (Sporting Goods) you can get an idea of what sellers are asking for used imported boards.  Due to the construction of the board, if it has an open ding then the buyer absolutely will need to get that fixed prior to surfing it.  They can’t just lay some duct tape over it like they can with other types of construction.    Moreover, most of the people who would buy that board will not have the skills to do the repair themselves.  My point being that the condition will detract from the resale value a bit.    

If in surfable condition I’ve seen ads from 2019-2020 indicating such boards selling second hand in the shops in the $400 range.    But there’s no substitute for doing a bit of your own research on this so you can make up your own mind.   

Tom has made a good guess based on the boards color scheme, appearance etc.  Originally this model and design was shaped and sold as a hand shape by Steve Boehne and family.  Several may have also been shaped by Paul Carter.  I vaguely remember seeing this model advertised in “Longboard Magazine” as the “Rad Noserider”.   Infinity advertised regularly in that publication.  Once the model was established as a “hand shape” it was franchised to either “Boardworks” or “Surftech”.  Can’t remember which.  Someone correct me, but I am thinking it was “Boardworks”.  This would be one of those foreign made composite EPS boards.  The color scheme is common to the overseas boards and I see no evidence of a stringer, which the earlier handshapes had. If you fix the ding to the point that it is unnoticeable, you could probably sell the board for $400—$500.

Thanks Mc Ding…ever do a google search on “420” ? 

no bogart’n!

The inference went up in smoke and over my head.  In the old days guys got the #13 tattooed.  But that would be a problem around the jailhouse these days.  Especially with the addition of letters like MS or the word Oceano…

It is obviously a Surftech. The glaring clue is the numbers behind the finbox.

Using the asking prices seen on Craigslist or any other website is not an accurate gauge of value. People ask ridiculous money for crap boards. For instance, there’s a guy currently asking $5000 online for a Duke K popout.

Go to ebay and look at only the prices on boards that have actually been sold. Ignore asking prices.

Thanks for your comment, the $400 range looks pretty close. I suspect it was made in Asia.

Thanks for your comments, appreciated. I’m not familiar with the name or construction, but suspect it was made overseas. Your pricing suggestion appears to be on the money. Don Stone

Thanks for your comments I’ll check out your suggestions.Don Stone

To that I offer a resounding Ditto.

I liked this design when it first came out.  I seem to remember adds for it in “Longboard” Mag.  The original hand shape was pretty nice.  I think some of them had twin 1/8" stringers at center 1 1/4" apart.  The hand shape was more defined in its shaping.  Basically a “one trick pony” with every possible Noserider element shaped into it.  The board reminded me of some of the old Morey/Pope shapes like the “Eliminator” and earlier Prototypes. I have copied Surftech and Boardworks designs in the past.  When they take a hand shape and then pop it out, it’s never as good. But if you take a “Popout” and reverse engineer it, you can come up with a nice shape. More attention paid to refined rails and bottom contours.  Let us know what it brings on the open market.  We are all very curious.  Lowel

If you still have this surfboard, I would be interested in buying it.

Send me an email or let me know how to contact you.

For a bit more $$, I am sure Terry Senate could shape you an exact duplicate of this model.  It would be a hand shape with all the same bells and whistles.  

At some point in time Boardworks, SurfTech as well as various other brands of surfboards, windsurfers and paddleboards were all out of the Cobra Factory in Thailand.  Prior to that, some of the Boardworks were made in Eastern Europe.

If it is made with the TufLite construction method by Cobra, it is likely a reasonably strong board for it’s weight. Lack of stringer can be a liability but I’d say they’re more durable for their weight than the polyester over polyurethane standard.

As far being a noserider design… I’m not sure the fin(s) are in the best locations.

Pic of nose damage?