Looking for Comments for first board, Midlength egg.

Hello,

I have always wanted to try to shape a board, and was thinking about wanting to get a midlength, so decided to see about shaping a midlength. I am 45 y/o, 175lb, and don’t get to beach as much as I used to so, want something that I can surf 1-5ft florida beach breaks, do a few crusing turns, and paddle easily. My current board is a 6’4" Firewire dominator, and like how it rides, but have been ending up on my single fin wavestorm more often due to easier paddling. Was thinking of making the board a single fin also.

Your above design, as a single, will give you hours of surfing joy.      Very functional.       A design that will let you surf with confidence.

Had to make a new account to reply, but thanks for reply. Rocker looks good also?

Are you a magician? My first board looked like an elf shoe, and it took me 10 builds to design with the grace your illustrating here.

Yes.    That is a very functional rocker, for a board of that length.       Don’t be afraid to jump into some 10 ft plus waves with that board.     It can handle it.