Makita KP0810 Modifications

Hi Swalocks folks,

I Just modified a KP0810. I orderd the mod kit from Casica Tech and assembled it. A fairley fun and easy project if you have the tools. There are just a couple things I need to dial in with it and I’m hoping some of you may have addressed the same issues with one of these. Kazuma surfboards highlights these in his review of the planer as well.

1. Trigger does not lock; results in sore hand after a couple full passes 

2. Powerfull moter, lots of static, shocks the hand pretty good. ( I’ve tried grounding it and it helps a bit, but I need to find a better way to ground it)

Other than that this KP018 is a beast and cuts great, its on the heavey side but its a good tool.

Glad you like the way the planer works, and thanks for your patience in assembling the kit.  Trigger has no lock since it’s the same as Skilsaw and they don’t put these on for safety reasons (which I agree with).  There are several ways to address the static shocks, but easiest is to ground the hose by running a bare copper wire inside and grounding the wire at the vacuum end.  When your vacuum hose goes, get an anti-static one for replacement.