First board - finishing touches / epoxy

Hey swaylocks - I am just finishing my first board using foam / epoxy…So I am stoked to be finishing this thing up… Its 7’5" x 3.25" x 21".  6 oz with a deck patch on the top 6 oz on the bottom… Trying for a bigger guy intermediate floaty board that isnt too stiff - hopefully will be able to duck dive this thing somewhat - I weigh 240 lbs and am 6’4"… 

I have had a heck of a time sanding this thing - multiple burn throughs, my piece of garbage harbour lights sander would speed up randomly when applying pressure. So I’ve had to go through and patch some of the burn throughs a couple times already.  I got a different sander and that seems to be working out, but I am still at a place where there are some slight thin spots in the glass - if you look from the right angle you can see the fibers underneath, and if you push on it hard you can tell there is minor weak spot. TBH I just want to be done at this point and I am not concerned about cosmetics - are slightly thin spots going to cause a problem if I ignore them? Can they leak? It seems like it’d be watertight, not extremely visible / the thread is not fully exposed.

I am thinking about some of these options 1. leaving it as is 2. spray painting it with enamel spray paint as a final seal coat (thats just what I have on hand) 3. trying to do a gloss coat with epoxy, maybe thinning it out with denatured alcohol?. 4. go through again and just coat the slight burn throughs with epoxy and sanding it again.

Using greenlight’s epoxy with an artic foam blank.Sorry dont have the best photos.

Much thanks for any ideas you have.

You only surf the bottom and rails, so there’s really no need to get carried away on the deck because it’ll just make it harder for the wax to adhere.   

You can use acrylic tile sealer to put a surface on those areas.   After they’re water-tight, of course.  

Recoat with Epoxy and sand.  Otherwise thin spots will leak and turn brown.  Heat your Part A in the microwave for a few seconds.  Then mix.  Doing the microwave for a few will thin.  Don’t thin with alcohol.  You’ll regret it.  You really should football patch with 4 oz. every one of the weak spots.

Much thanks for the replies. I did end up trying to thin by microwaving and recoating with epoxy. Ultimately I didn’t realize how fast it would kick, so it got a bit goopy for maybe a 1/4 of the board. I am going to re-sand it all. 

This sealer - something like this maybe? https://www.amazon.com/Rainguard-International-CU-0101-Urethane/dp/B00AMFVG0G/ref=sr_1_4?dchild=1&keywords=acrylic+tile+sealer&qid=1613510164&s=hi&sr=1-4 

Will this stuff sand/buff okay? Does if there are some minor scratches or whatnot underneath, will this fill and cover up that kind of stuff?

I’m not familiar with the brand but it will probably work.