Off the shelf Compounding and Polishing recommendations

Hi,

I’m trying to find out a UK brand name or a recomended product(s) that could be used for Coumpouinding and Polishing a gloss finish?

Any ideas appreciated.

B.

Go to an auto body and paint supply store the same products will work on your board

Hey B.

You can pick up Farecla G3 ‘Regular Grade’ (which is coarser than G3 in a squeeze bottle) and their G10 (which will remove minor scratches) from any reasonable autoparts/paint shop, ebay and prob amazon. I use these on my boards (pic below) and middle of the range vehicle resprays in my shop. Top end resprays get more expensive products but just not worth it on glass.

Steve

Been using #7 Polishing Compound you can find in most hardware stores and auto supply stores for many years.  Follow with McGuires swirl remover for high gloss longboards.

Lots of things cross over from Auto Paint shops.  Anything made for fiberglass boats will also work.  Meguiar’s products are world wide I believe.  #2 Surfboard Fiberglass Polish is an industry standard.

To all the responses thanks alot. The G3 I’ve seen so I’ll probably go for that…The board looks amazing BTW…Thanks again to all that responded…Sorted!

B

…Again thanks fo rthe response…I saw the Mcguires polishing pad, its about £30…Worth it?

…Any thoughts?