round tail twin fin : should I try to place the fins in order to step right on top or slightly in front of them? or may be they sould be in front of my foot..?

hey

I have read a lot on this one and could not find the answer.

any input is greatly appreciated

I ride only twin for 2 years, make some for mates, and more i go more i put fins back. I would no go more than 8" from back. On my last one, round pin tail with 2 channels, I am at 6.5". 

Hi Lemat, thanks.

I know It also depends on your feet position while you ride. I tend to be a bit furter forward than right at the back on my rear foot.

I’ ve read you can go as far up as 10- 10 1/2. 

I asume you place your back foot in front of the fins rather than on top of them, then

Here is the shape and these agave fins I made for it

At 10 it mark Richard’s placement most come with a small trailer to spot spin outs with modern lifted rockers. 

Pure 1969.     I mean it in the best way.    That was a very creative time, in all aspects of surfing.     You are doing a good job there.

Thanks Lemat. I ended up going at 9.5 and I plan to put fin plugs to try it with small trailers as tri and quad. Just for the fun of it. 

[/quote]
   Pure 1969.     I mean it in the best way.    That was a very creative time, in all aspects of surfing.     You are doing a good job there

Thanks Bill Thrailkill. I feel honoured.

The truth is that we don’t have very good waves here where I live. 

I spent many years working and travelling/living at some places with very good surf. 

Coming back to freezing small windy waves is not easy if you like to be in the water every day. 

That opened my mind to different shapes other than the conventional shortboard thruster.

So, if the wave is going to last 5 seconds, I try to make the ride as " experimental" (or nutritious in terms of sensations) as possible. 

It was supposed to be fun, anyways :wink:

If your going to put plugs in for tri & quad, do a Google search for Mckee fin placement. He has charts for both quad & 5 fin setups for various type & sizes of boards.