Traction pad location on a bonzer

Ok, pretty simple. For far back should i put the traction pad on this Bonzer?

Im worried to far and the leash will get all messed up.

as this isn’t a brand new board, you have the answer right in front of you. Major advantage. 

Clean off the wax, Finish cleaning with acetone or similar. Get it shiny. Do a really good job, as otherwise said pad won’t stick. 

You will see heel dents. From where you generally put your foot to turn the beast. Where you see the most dents, that’s where your foot goes most often. That’s probably a Real Good Spot.

Okay, with a more or less flat plain pad I’d suggest centering it on the Real Good Spot, but with that skateboard-like kick at the back, I might set it so that kick is just behind the RGS so your foot/instep can work with it. If you’ve  used that sort of pad before, you know how you like it  If you haven’t, you might try it the way I’ve suggested, you might want to swap it for something without the kick. 

Your call

doc…

Pic 1 looks like the most logical from the standpoint of the leash issue. Just be sure you put it on the deck. HTH.

Problem solved

Haha.  I’m sure I’ll see those up here in Oregon this summer.

Thanks for the advice!

I have always seen Bonzers surf front footed and not so much of the tail.  Given that;  I don’t see why you would need a stomp pad way back on the tail.