Wife’s New board!

Finally finished glassing my wife’s new board. 

8’ x 22.25 x 2 3/4. 

Really appreciate Bill Thrailkill’s input on outline, rocker and contours for this one. 

Now just need some waves to get it out!

No words needed.        The board speaks for itself !

Only posting to add another point to the one I already added.   

Thanks. Having you two say that means a lot. 

gdaddy spent a lot of time sharing his approach/perspective on wide point back boards. 

Their is a lot of knowledge between y’all and I very thankful for passing it along. 

Wow - turned out nice!

I hope your reward is as good as the board

Looks good.  I like the color and the efficient way to organize the abrasives.

Excellent work. I hope she’s stoked. 

She is! Thanks. 

just need some waves!! The anticipation is killing me. Ha

I know the feeling.     Nothing worse than making a new board, and having no waves to test it in !         

It looks fantastic!

WOW

First time in a few weeks that’s a board has inspired me to get an shape something!

Love the outline and the red with the inlay is just fantastic. Also I’m a big fan of the wide point back, you’ve done a subtle take in this which looks magic, and I bet she will shread!

I recenetly sold a similar shape with with Central mid point which was a ripper. Care to share rocker numbers? 

Wow, thanks for the kind words!

surf finally came up and the wife loved it. Was perfect for her. Easy to paddle, no tendency to Pearl, stable etc…

The wife gets credit for the color. She does the color mixing for me and then I glass - her eye is way better at matching colors. 

I too love outline. Again, have to thank Bill for helping with that. Have never done a wide point back and absolutely love it. 

Rocker - 4"NR / 3"TR. started with an 8’4SP. 

It’s always cool when a plan comes together.   

Another variation on the rocker is what Hilbers does with his Hot Generation and variants.  There 's a vid on Youtube showing him taking 10" off the tail of an 8-9Y in order to get to his length.  This moves the apex of the blank’s rocker back closer to the wide point, and also reduces the end point of the tail rocker to about 2" or so.   He retains a 4" nose rocker, though.   The reduced tail rocker will change the ride but it will also make the drops more tricky.