How much to charge for a nose snap?

Curious what the going rate is to repair a nose snap?  Clean snap but still attached.  Glued it up, filled it, shaped it, matched green and rellow deck and rails, glassed and finished?  Got roped into a repair I didn’t want to take.  Easy work but it tied up my afternoon with the various steps.

$150ish

I would agree.  $100 just isn’t enough for the time involved.

This picture should tell you why I didn’t even want to touch this board.  Not to mention it was a shitty shape with an overshaped flipped out nose which is exactly why the nose snapped off to begin with and a little twist to boot.

I don’t like doing repairs but I take a few in here and there mainly because people know I make boards for friends and family.  Through the years word gets around that I do top notch repairs.   Biggest problem is the inability to say no when someone asks.  If its something easy and its not something they need in a hurry so I can gang it up with other things I’m doing I’ll charge little if anything just to cover the cost.   Even at $150 this one is a loser from my perspectice if I were really looking at the time and materials.  I only will do things in a professional manner even on a Thai board.  Even color matched the lime green rails.  Spent a good chunk of my day fiddling with this.

No good deed, goes unpunished.