Resin Research resin gone "bad" - Help!?!

I just had @ 3/4 of a gallon jug - which was flowing fine a few days earlier - get an angular band of hardness…  I got it just over three years ago - I called the distributor who suggested a hot water bath, and then a test batch.

Anyone out there have thoughts/suggestions?

I’ve had previous gallons for years before I finished one off, and have never had any issues like this.

I had the same issue with RR when my jug sat around for too long in the cabinet.  I put the resin jug in the microwave, and zapped it for 20-30 seconds at a time until it was warm to the touch.  Then I shook the jug really hard to get everything to mix together.  After a few minues it returned to a nice smooth liquid state – just like new.  I then glassed a board with it and it came out just fine.

Note:  Don’t put the hardener in the microwave.  I don’t know why, but I was told it’s bad to do that.  Only the (blue) resin can go in the microwave.

Right on!

I’m pretty sure that’s what I’ve heard about the resin, but, like I wrote, it’s been so long, with no issues, that I’ve been kind of taken aback…

Common with any Epoxy if they sit thru a winter or two in a warehouse, cold storage or under the house.  I have a slow cooker that I set the jug in and fill with water.  Set the cooker on low and leave it for at least a couple of hours.   Leave the cap on, but loosened.  Allows for pressure release.  Same thing can be done with a pot and a hot plate or electric stove.  Warm it, don’t boil it.  Worth a trip to Goodwill to find an old slow cooker.  I have had whole jugs go solid and be brought back to life.  I sell the stuff up here Oregon, so I have to keep an eye on my inventory.  Since I know this trick works; I occasionally reliquify a few jugs every so often.  PS   Be careful with the microwave.  You can smoke that stuff, ruin your microwave and start a fire.  I like to microwave part A before I laminate, but liquefying a jug in microwave can be dangerous.

Thanks y’all!

The weird thig is - a few days ago it was all uniform and fine…

I put it in a bucket and ran hot water for a while, let set, repeat, repeat, looks good as new now!  Whew…

I tend to lean on the “lazy side”. When my resin “whitens up” after being stored, I usually just set it out in the front yard in the sun for a few hours, then shake it up a little after its clear to remix. To be clear, I do this on the day before I’m actually going to use it so the resin isn’t too warm.